i received my prize pack from PRISM yesterday! i got to select my own color choices, and what do you suppose i picked? i’m SURE those of you who know me can guess…
GREENS! the PRISMATIC PACKS in kiwi and herbal garden, plus i received the accent packs of both! YIPPEE! my favorite greens and bonus colors that coordinate. no hunting down the perfect mix, they are already there in my packs! and as an added bonus, i got a Prismatics swatchbook! i’m not sure if i was more excited about that or the cardstock packs! LOL! PRISMATICS cardstocks are my favorites! i just love that texture! and i can rattle off my favorite colors in the line pretty easily. but there are some colors in the line that i use less often, so it will be nice having their names handy in the swatchbook. plus the book makes it easy to mix and match colors or select a color scheme.
so, here’ what i got…
i wanted to send a thank you note to Prism for the nice gift, so i made up a card this morning. it turned out so cute, that i thought i would share. of course, anytime i get to use flowers on a project, i’m BOUND to think it’s cute! LOL!
here’s the card i made…
it features Prism Prismatic papers in: Frosted Pink, Sunflowers Medium, Desert Coral Medium, Iced Amethyst and Frosted Cobalt and a tiny piece of Simply Smooth White.
the stamps are from MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY, ink is Vivid by CLEARSNAP, punches are by MARVY, flowers are from PRIMA and rhinestones are from KAISER.
1) fold a 6 1/2 X 9 piece of Sunflowers Medium cardstock in half to make the card.
2) punch 3 holes in the front cover as shown using 3/4″, 1″, and 2″ circle punches.
3) Use white gel pen to add dots around outside of 2 small holes.
4) stamp scalloped flower on Iced Amethyst cardstock using Vivid black ink. cut out, leaving a thin border around the outside of the petals; cut out center as well. outline the large hole on the outside of the card with a thin line of glue and adhere cut out flower to circle, centering from the back.
5) punch a 3/4″ circle from Frosted Cobalt cardstock, a 1″ circle from Desert Coral Medium cardstock and a 2″ circle from Frosted Pink cardstock.
6) stamp pink circle with “word thanks circle” from stamp set, centering words on circle.
7) with card closed, adhere all 3 circles to the INSIDE of the card; just place them in their corresponding “holes” to make placement exact!
8) adhere flowers and add rhinestones to centers.
9) to finish; stamp “thanks” on a piece of Simply Smooth White cardstock and carefully cut out, leaving a thin border around it. adhere using 3D dots on top of the matching “thanks” at the center of the pink stamped circle.