DESIGN ADHESIVES are a little like rub ons, you place them where you want them and rub them on, but what you get when you peel away the backing, is a design in adhesive. it’s sticky so you can add glitter, embossing powder, pearl-ex, flocking, microbeads, etc. the new GLITTERS work wonderfully with the design adhesives! they are super fine and have a brilliant shine! you can also cut the design adhesives apart and place the pieces where you want them, or put one element down at a time to easily layer on colors.
i’ve made 2 wedding cards using the new products. i used a fancy scroll pattern with metallic papers and glitters on one, and the other card is more casual with hearts and pink and blue papers and embossing powders. the directions and supplies for both cards are given. (and yes, i KNOW that number 8 in the directions for the mr & mrs card is showing up as a smiley face! i have NO idea why though! LOL!)
“best wishes” card
Clearsnap: Design Adhesives – ornate border, Glitter – fool’s gold, silver lining and winter frost and Top Boss – white embossing powder
Prism: metallic cardstock – bronze and gold leaf and prismatics – suede brown
Sakura: Quickie Glue
1) cut a 7″ X 7 1/2″ piece of bronze cardstock and fold in half lengthwise to make card.
2) cut a 3 3/8″ X 7 3/8″ piece of brown cardstock and adhere to center front of card.
3) cut a 2″ X 7″ piece of gold cardstock and adhere DESIGN ADHESIVES to it.
4) working carefully, apply WHITE FROST GLITTER to the heart designs in the border, only use a small amount of glitter, and press lightly. flip quickly upside down and tap off excess glitter.
5) apply FOOL’S GOLD glitter to the thicker part of the scroll pattern.
flip over quickly and tap to remove excess glitter
6) apply SILVER LINING glitter to the rest of the design; flip and tap to remove excess glitter.
“mr & mrs” card
7) cut 2 hearts from dancing hearts DESIGN ADHESIVE strip. cut centers patterns from hearts.
11) adhere stamped strip to card, then adhere pink heart, use a 3D dot to adhere blue heart.